Establishment of Prince Mahidol Award Youth Program
Prince Mahidol Award (PMA) Youth Program has been established on 20 November 2008 according to the 2nd/2008 consensus of the Committee for Prince Mahidol Award Foundation under the Royal Patronage. The program aims to inspire and to facilitate Thai youths studying medicine to pursue their dedicated life for the benefit of mankind following the footsteps of HRH Prince Mahidol of Songkla, the Royal Father of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, for his exemplary contributions to the advancement of medicine, public health, and human services.
The main objectives of establishing PMA Youth Program are
1. To honor HRH Prince Mahidol of Songkla, the Father of Modern Medicine and Public Health of Thailand,
2. To inspire youths to dedicate their lives to improve the health of mankind,
3. To provide a professional and personal development opportunities for the new generation/young scientists in the field of medicine and public health,
4. To promote the collaboration of Thai medical and health community with international institutes, and
5. To support the globalization of Thailand’s medical education at the undergraduate level.
To download a form, please click on PMA Youth Program application form.
* PMA Youth Program Application Form 2015 (PDF)